2015/05/14

Veggie (almost vegan) buckwheat pizza

I recently experienced this heavy urge to eat some junk food. Unfortunately, due to my lovely allergies (milk/gluten) I am not able to scoff that margheritta at Pizza Hut next corner or indulge on pink-iced donuts for $1.50 from Tesco. Gluten-free veggie burger + fries ordered yesterday for lunch did not satisfy me. That is why, as soon as I got home after the last exam this week, I headed to the kitchen in order to create that little beauty below. It is almost vegan, but I added some creamy goat cheese as an addition. However, you're free to skip it or replace it with, for instance, hummus or tomato sauce or whatever you like.


Before baking:




After baking (not much of a difference, though):



And this is my beloved spicy spaghetti mix, brought straight from Italy by my auntie:





Ingredients

dough
1 glass buckwheat flour
1/2 glass water (I used sparkling water)
1/2 glass olive oil
1 tbsp dried basilico
pinch of salt

additions (subjectively)
1 tbsp creamy goat cheese
1 tsp green pesto
1 champignon mashroom
1/3 red paprika
1/3 broccoli
ca. 10 black olives
1-2 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp dried basilico
1 tbsp herbal pepper
pinch of salt

Preparation

1. Mix all dry ingredients for dough, then add water and oil. Mix everything with a wooden spoon or with hand.
2. Form a ball from the dough and place it on a baking sheet covered with oiled baking paper. Flatten it with your hands or a roller to form a nice circle.
2. Spread goat cheese and pesto (or any other ingredient you wish to use) all over the pizza.
3. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
4. Wash and chop vegetables and mushrooms and 'decorate' your pizza with them. Add spices and the rest of ingredients.
5. Bake pizza for ca. 15 min.

I hope you will find that recipe worth trying out - please let us know in the comments below!










No comments:

Post a Comment