2015/05/22

Gluten and diary-free cornflour pancakes

Yes. I am an admitted pancake-lover - I simply cannot survive without them. I mean, I can, yet I love myself (or at least try to) to much to deprive myself of them. However, as I decided to exclude gluten from my diet in order to help my digestive system recover from numerous ailments, I am not able to indulge on these delicious white wheat pancakes anymore. I used to feel sorry for myself, until I tried them made with cornflour and my grandma's house. They were DELICIOUS! Actually - though I am not sure if it was not caused by a long pancake rehab - I think they are even better this way. So, if you are non-gluten eater and you thought there is no hope for you - this recipe comes as a rescue! Let me know in the comments how you liked this variation of one of the best dishes in the world.




Ingredients

2 cups cornflour
1 cup water
1 cup almond milk
1 egg
1 tbsp oil (I used flaxseed oil)
1 tsp sugar
pinch of salt

+ oil for frying

Preparation

1. Mix all dry ingredients, then add the wet ones (you can alter the amount of liquids added, depending on your preferences regarding the texture of dough).
2. Preheat the frying pan with a small amount of oil. 
3. Pour dough with a ladle onto the pan and fry pancakes from both sides. You can place them on paper towels later on, in order to remove the fat.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment