2015/11/22

Warming Carrot Cream Soup

To be fair I have never been a fan of soups. I did not like the fact it is simply water with vegetables inside, how can you even get full eating that? My opinion has changed after trying cream soups. They are way more filling and it seams like the taste is much richer. 

As you probably know, here in UK, it is quite common that it is raining, it is windy and generally the weather is not the greatest at all times. Since I moved to Leeds, there were more days when I have been ill then days where I felt OK. Probably I just have to get used to that climate but that is not what I want to share. There is nothing that warms me better then a delicious cream soup. It helped me to feel better and warm up on these rainy days. 







I chose to use carrots, the colour really reminds me of autumn but they also have loads of healthy benefits. These orange vegetables are a source of vitamins like A, K, C, therefore helps with immunity, what is more carrots makes your complexion more vibrant and detoxifies your body. 

The recipe is quite simple, however, make sure you are in a possession of a blender or food processor!


Ingredients 
  • 4 medium carrots
  • half an onion, I used red
  • lemon juice from half a lemon
  • 1cm of fresh ginger
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 1 spoon of coconut oil
  • 1 bay leaf
  • salt , pepper , 1 ts. turmeric , 1 ts. chili powder 

Recipe 


 1. Chop the carrots into pieces and add them to a pot with coconut oil. Add 2 cups of water and bay leaf. Let it cook for 15min.
2. Chop onion, size of the pieces does not really matter as everything will be later blended. Add them to the carrots together with chopped ginger and garlic, let cook for another 10-15min. 
3.  When the onions soften it is time to blend! first blend the mixture just so the ingredients will combine but not to a soft soup. Add all the spices and lemon juice, now blend until it will become a soft, combined cream.
4. The soup is ready. I like to top it of with some grated Cheddar because I love cheese but if you are vegan or do not want that extra calories omit this step :) 


ENJOY AND WARM UP 



No comments:

Post a Comment