2016/01/22

AVOCADO & ROCKET PASTA


The typical tomato pasta sauce can be boring at some point and trust me I know, I've been there. I am guilty of being a massive spaghetti pasta lover and eating it definitely too often... Hence, I though of changing something in my "regime", knowing the benefits of avocado I tried using that delicious fruit. And it worked! For a more defined taste I also add arugula as it has a little bit of a kick in its flavor. 
 
My favorite part of that dish is you actually eat less then when having the traditional, as avocado is a load bomb of good fat (unsaturated fat) so it keeps you full for longer because the breakdown of it is quite time consuming process.  







Ingredients

250g of pasta
Ripe avocado
Handful of rocket
Juice from half a lemon
25g of Parmesan (+ a little bit more to sprinkle on top)
20g of peanuts
Chili powder
Salt & Pepper (Salt will bring out the taste off avocado so don't be afraid to use it!) 
Tomato (optional)

+ a blender

Procedure

1. Cook pasta using the instructions on the package. Keep it al dente
2. When the pasta is cooked put a little bit of water of cooking into a cup and drain the rest.
3. To prepare the sauce place all the ingredients into a blender, blend until smooth. Add 2 spoons of the water from cooking the pasta.
4. Let the pasta cool down a little bit and combine it with sauce.
5. I like to serve it with freshly chopped tomatoes and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.









1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious I have never tried warm avocado! Seems quite simple, I know what's my next lunch then! Thank you

    ReplyDelete